France : Ministry Training Program Participant (Alps Hub)
France is a great place to ‘cut your teeth’ in the art of contextualization and cross-cultural missionary service. TEAM not only has over 50 years of experience ministering in the French context, TEAM partners with most organizations and church groups currently serving God in France. We tend to be more than a little bit excited about serving in a foreign context and all that goes along with that.
Whether you are interested in serving people in the church, on the street or through the web, we have or partner with someone who is experienced to help and train you in the beautiful ways of missionary service.
To give some structure to this opportunity, we propose a duration of two years. After some initial discussions, we will find a good training and mentoring fit for you either with a TEAM missionary or one of our partners. During this two-year ministry training program, the focus will be two-fold:
- Mastery of the French language and culture. You will be enrolled in accredited language courses. You’ll learn about functioning in French culture through cultural adaptation classes, participation in French social associations, or tailor-fit cultural experiences. Knowing is half the battle of fighting through stereotypes, historical presuppositions, and spiritual and psychological barriers.
- Developing your spiritual gifts. We might share some spiritual gifts with you, we might not. In any case, we are excited about you becoming who God has created you to be, and doing what God has designed you to do, all within the context of the French culture. Whether it be social justice, evangelism or Christian edification and education, we are currently doing it or are partnering with someone who is. If you want to get better at something, you need to get with someone who is currently doing it better.
Whether to decide to invest in France in the long-term or not, we want this ministry training program to be useful to you and the people who are currently investing in you. It will be important to bring your spiritual and vocational mentors to the table as soon as possible so as to be intentional about tailor-fitting this program to your past and future experiences.
- We require you to be serious about learning about and serving the French people and God’s church in France. There are real and exciting ways in which God is at work here and we want to work with people who are willing to consecrate time, energy, and effort to joining this work.
- We require you to be serious about ministry. Do you have experience serving within the North American context? Do you currently serve in some ministry capacity? If you haven’t already started where you live, even in some minute way, it probably won’t happen miles from where you live.
- Finally, it is best if you are flexible. Encountering another culture brings lots of stuff to the surface. This can be a great time to deal with stuff, forge new ideas and move on. But this can also be a dangerous time of crisis and shock.
Sports and Recreation
Youth and Children
Post-Christian and Post-modern
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach