Thailand : Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Grace International School (GIS) needs new teachers to come every year and they need various staff.
Located in Chiang Mai, Thailand, GIS was created to provide a high quality Christian education for the children of international workers located in Southeast Asia. The primary goal at GIS is to allow these families to continue to work in their fields without having to compromise the education of their children.
GIS offers a strong education where biblical truth permeates all subjects and programs. Staff seek to demonstrate how diverse subjects inter-relate so that GIS students can apply knowledge and skills to all areas of life and live out their Christian faith. Ultimately, GIS aims to cultivate students of Christ-like character and values who will transform their world.
The Non-Thai faculty and staff at GIS have a strong faith in Jesus Christ and serve at Grace by raising their own support in order to keep tuition costs affordable. The result is a dedicated team committed to providing students with an outstanding education from a Christian perspective.
Full-time or part-time foreign teachers/staff come as volunteers through sending organizations and must apply for a specific job opening and go through the staff application process.
We would like you to considering serving at GIS through TEAM because it is a blessing for the TEAM missionaries who have their kids at GIS. TEAM missionary kids receive a discount when TEAM personnel serve at GIS.
The purpose of the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent is to support the superintendent and deputies so that they may devote maximum attention to the opportunities and challenges of school administration. This is a highly responsible, high-level, executive assistant position. This position is distinguished from other assistant positions by the degree of confidentiality and responsibility inherent in the position, interaction with other school administrators and the public, and the level of independent judgment and discretion required.
More details regarding this opportunity can be found on the GIS website: http://www.gisthailand.org/serve-at-gis/staff-needs/.
- Effective communication skills.
- Technical skills.
- Office management skills.
- Associate degree with a major in office or business administration (while not required for the job, a bachelor’s degree is preferred due to the difficulty in obtaining a visa for a non-Thai hire).
- Minimum of five years of successful executive assistant experience. Demonstrated ability to complete assigned responsibilities.
- Self-motivated; demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, prioritize tasks, and work accurately and independently under pressure.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to work with the HR director and give culturally sensitive direction concerning operational procedures to central office staff.
- Ability to work with the HR director to plan and organize development activities for the school’s secretarial staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; flexibility to adapt to cross-cultural environment; team oriented.
- Desire to grow and learn; willingness to participate in training opportunities.
Thai law requires that all teachers hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education or its equivalent, OR a Master’s degree in Education, OR a state or ACSI issued Teaching Credential or license. More details regarding the application process can be found at: http://www.gisthailand.org/serve-at-gis/applying/
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach