Thailand : Christian Resource Developer (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
A Christian Resource Developer in the Isaan Language is needed. With over 20 million people and just 30,000 believers, the Isaan people are one of the largest unreached people groups in the world. Most understand Central Thai langauge but Isaan is their heart langauge. New resources, especially audio-video ones are needed to help proclaim the gospel to the Isaan in their heart language. The person in this position will find ways to produce these.
Produce new evangelical resources in Isaan language
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- A desire to reach people without Christ
- Need to be computer literate
- Experience with at least one media type
- Ability to network with other groups and organizations
- Strong people skills
- Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Single, either gender, couple or families
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to Isaan, continue Thai language study and begin Isaan language study in ministry context
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in a more urban setting.
- For English as a second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in computer version)
TOEIC - 675
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach