Thailand : Church Planter, Isaan (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Church planters are needed to plant new churches in unreached districts in Buriram province. The north of Buriram province has several districts (average 70,000 people) where people are without opportunity to know the Lord Jesus. The same is true for an area crossing the border of Chaiyaphum and Khorat provinces. Almost all people in those areas live in small villages and are rice farmers. Poor rainfall means pressure to make a livelihood. Missionaries are needed to reach out to these two areas to see new churches being born in each district. The vision is to plant self-multiplying house churches. The missionaries will get support from the Isaan Regional Leader and regularly meet with the rest of the Isaan team.
- Incarnational evangelism
- Lay leader development
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Desire to share Christ with the unreached
- Able to live and work independently
- Takes initiative
- Creative thinker
- Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Six people needed
- Singles, couples, families
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological reivew
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to a ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and culture program
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting, with standard Thai housing where population density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
- For English as second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach