Thailand : Church Planter, Kalasin (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Church planters are needed to plant churches in the largest unreached area of Thailand and to build a team to reach this area. There is an area in Isaan which straddles the provinces of Kalasin, Mukdahan, Sakhon Nakhon, and Nakhon Phanom. In this area there are about 25 districts (average 70,000 people) without a church. This is the largest area without churches anywhere in Thailand. The Isaan team is looking to start a new team in this area where people are without opportunity to know the Lord Jesus. Almost all people in those areas live in small villages devoted to rice farming. Dry conditions affects incomes and unproductive land for much of the year. The new team will attempt to begin a new church in each district. The vision is to plant self-multiplying house churches. The missionaries will be supported by the Isaan Focus Leader and meet regularly with the rest of the new team. Because of the distance from the rest of the team, it will be important to have a visionary team leader who can work independently.
- Incarnational evangelism
- Lay leader development
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Desire to share Christ with the unreached
- Takes initiative
- Creative thinker
- Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Six to ten people needed
- Singles, couple, families
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological reivew
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to a ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and culture program
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting, with standard Thai housing where population density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
- For English as a second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach