Thailand : Church Planter, Bangkok (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Church planters are needed to plant churches in the Bangkok region. The church planter will work in teams with other missionaries or Thai nationals in order to plant churches in the Bangkok region. The church planter will use their spiritual gifts such as evangelism, teaching, leadership and encouragement etc. to make disciples and start small groups/churches among the Thais. Constant prayer and daily obedience to God’s word and guidance is essential to a church planting movement. Language learning and cultural adaptation also part of daily ministry.
- Building relationships with Thais,
- Discipling new believers,
- Modeling and mentoring Thai leaders and church planters.
- Praying and initiating ministries in communities as led by the Holy Spirit.
- Networking with other OMF ministries and people.
- Commitment to live, love and work with team members.
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Previous ministry experiences and cross-cultural relationships
- Close walk with Christ
- Ability to work in teams
- Willingness and perseverance in language learning and ministry
- Ability to initiate programs and friendships with Thais
- Recommendation from home church leaders
-Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Singles, couples, families
- Commit to at least 4 years of service
- Complete member application proces including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to a ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full langauge and culture program
- Comform to a lifestyle that matches your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting, with standard Thai housing where population density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
For English as Second Language applicants, these levels of English assessment are require:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach