Thailand : Church Planter, Urban Thailand (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Urban Church planting among Thai Buddhists will include many different spiritual gifts. Some areas will be in a pioneering stage (direct evangelism), others will be in the embryonic stage (with a few Christians to begin with) and others in the emerging stage (where a church is in existence) All our work is done in relation to the ACT Church Association. Workers will need to be able to work well with small groups and to do personal work in encouraging others in the Word. Love, patience and joy is needed in large measure. Disciplers will need these fruits of the Spirit.
- Personal evangelism
- Leads small groups
- Encourage others in their faith
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Personal evangelism and friendship building relationship skills are needed
- Patience and persistence in teaching people with no biblical background or understanding
- Men and women with (1) a strong walk with the Lord, (2) a heart to see the Thai church grow in numbers and maturity, (3) a concern for quality in their work, and (4) a strong sense of team spirit.
- One to two years in church work would be desirable
- Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Ten people
- Single, couples, families
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to a ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and culture program
- Comform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting, with standard Thai housing where population density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
- For English as a second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach