Thailand : Church Planter, Lampang (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Church planters needed in Lampang, North Thailand. Relational and incarnational evangelism and outreach to Thai Buddhists through the medium of English teaching, community involvement, student work, and/or sport, etc. Discipleship of new believers and development of lay leaders. Helping to kindle a movement of reproducing, indigenous, Biblical churches, meeting in small groups and homes with a strong focus on local lay leadership. The target area would be Lampang city, the capital of Lampang province.
- Incarnational ministry
- Lay leader development
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Enthusiastic, outgoing self-starter, with a passion for the lost
- Willing to build relationships with Thai people in order to reach them with the gospel of Christ
- Team players who are flexible and willing to take risks for God in seeking creative ways to reach the Thai.
- A "can do" attitude and a teachable spirit is essential, as well as a willingness to work in the background whilst equipping and encouraging the locals to run an indigenous and reproducible ministry
- Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelore or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Two couples or three singles
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to a ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and culture program
-Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting, with standard Thai housing where population density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
For English as second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach