Thailand : Church Planter, South Thailand (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Church planters needed in South Thailand working among Thai Buddhists. Seek to win, disciple, gather and train local Thais who will continue to multiply the same work, starting a church multiplying movement (CMM) in Pak Phanang, Nakhon Si Thammarat province, and spreading to adjacent districts.
- Evangelism and outreach through English, sports, and other creative activities in order to build relationships, as well as involvement in the community
- Discipling new Christians and forming them into small groups
- Developing indigenous lay leaders training for ongoing evangelism and discipleship
- Mentoring prospective leader for each group
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Passion for the lost
- Being able to build relationship easily
- Pioneering spirit
- Has initiative
- Team player and willing to submit to the team leader
- Sensitive to Thai culture and be willing to adjust
- Strong Christian faith
- Persevering with flexibility
- Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Four to six persons
- Single, couples, families
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interveiw, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to a ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and culture program
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will presnet lviing challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situaiton where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting, with standard Thai housing where population density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
For English as second langauge applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach