Thailand : Creative Agricultural Evangelism (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Be involved in organic agriculture and animal husbandry in order to provide goods for creative market evangelism and model alternative income sources for poor local Christians. This role focuses on caring for pigs, chickens, rabbits, fish and cultivating fruit trees and vegetables with the goal of providing agricultural products to provide a platform for market evangelism ie. selling goods at the market while sharing the gospel at the same time; plus modelling alternative income sources for poor local Christians.
• Care for pigs, chickens, fish, rabbits.
• Cultivate fruit trees and vegetables.
• Help with marketing / selling the products as part of the creative market evangelism.
• Experiment with new ways of making an income from small farming plots.
• Learn Thai language.
• Interact with the local Thai Christians.
• Evaluate local methods of agriculture and make suggestions about improvements to maximise profits and/or other agricultural projects appropriate to the local situation.
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
People interested in this role should have some experience in practical farming, especially organic agriculture.
They should have a willingness to have a hands-on role and get their hands dirty and have a teachable spirit, being willing to learn local methods of doing things.
Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Male or female, single or married.
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year begin transition from full-time to half-time langauge study until the completion of full language and culture program
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context in rural South Thailand
- For English as a second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach