Thailand : Creative Market Evangelism (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Make and sell basic home-made and home-grown products as a means to sharing the gospel and helping local Thai Christians to do the same. This role consists making and selling of home-made bakery products, jewelry, handicrafts, etc, as well as the selling of home-grown agricultural products as a bridge to interacting with local people in order to share the gospel. This also has the goal of modeling, training and encouraging local Thai Christians how to do the same.
- Selling home-grown agricultural products.
- Making and selling home-made products (bakery, etc).
- Making and selling home-made jewelry and handicrafts.
- Using the above skills as a bridge to sharing the gospel.
- Modeling, training and encouraging local Thai Christians to use these skills for both earning alternative income and sharing the gospel.
- Learn Thai language.
- Interact with local Thai Christians.
- Learn about local Thai culture and how the gospel interacts with local Thai culture.
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Be a self-starter with initiative to try new things.
- Experience in selling / marketing or willingness to learn.
- Willing to learn to do things in local ways with local equipment and supplies.
- A "hands-on" type of person.
Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Male or female, single or married.
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and culture program
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context in rural South Thailand
- For English as a second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach