Thailand : Factory Evangelism (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Church planters are needed evangelize and start house groups among Isaan factory workers in Bangkok. With over 20 million people and just 30,000 believers, the Isaan are one of the largest unreached people groups in the world. The OMF has a new team working among them. Millions of Isaan are living outside their birth area, many of them as factory workers in Bangkok. They are a promising group to work with, since migrants are often more open for the Gospel than others. The missionaries in this ministry will find factories with open access for the Gospel (possibly owned by Christians) and plant house churches in them and/or in the apartments of the factory workers.
- Build relationships with Isaan factory workers in Bangkok
- Incarnational evangelism and outreach
- Plant house churches
- Disciple new believers
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Desire to share Christ with unreached
- Relate well to lower class people
- Willing to work unusual hours
- Able to persevere
-Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Four people
- Single, couples, families
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and cultrue program
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting with standard Thai housing where populationn density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
- For English as second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach