Thailand : Programmer (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
We need (part time) report builders to create reports in our database to support churches. The company is called GlobalRize, which helps Christians grow and helps churches multiply, (http://globalrize.org/). Our new Harvest 2.0 church database uses JasperReports to build reports for our clients on their church data. After all, reports are what makes a church database really 'work' and provide value to clients. Think of mailing labels, statistics, areas without churches, et cetera. With so many countries, denominations and national plans all around the world the potential for valuable reports based on church databases is almost limitless! If you know how relational databases work and are able to write queries, you can contribute too! It would help if you know JasperReports as well, but it is not essential. With this job you can either choose to do it from where you live or join us in Thailand for a far more intense experience.
What we offer
- Flexibility in when and where you work;
- Support and supervision during work.
- Training when needed.
- Options to explore your gifts in different areas.
See for more information on our work: www.globalrize.org, we might have more options in IT work that are suitable for you.
Your responsibilities will depend on your experience, the tasks we assign you to and the opportunities we have in the near future.
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
We're looking for people who:
- are able to work in a team, but think independently;
- have knowledge of relational databases and can write SQL queries;
- are willing to learn and develop their own skills;
- are passionate about God, his mission & the worldwide church;
- can perform IT work in a professional manner
Male or female, single or married.
Short or long term commitment
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- May be required to attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- Commitment to learning Thai language, culture and worldview study
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context in Chiang Mai or elsewhere
- For English as a second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach