Thailand : Home School Teacher, Isaan (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
We are currently in need of preschool, primary, and secondary teachers to help teach the children of missionary’s and local Thai Christian families. The hope is to help serve families so that they can maximize their time in ministry to Thai people in Khon Kaen and the surrounding Isaan Area. Our school year runs May through March, following the local Thai calendar. We would love assistance now due to a maternity leave or if volunteers could start in our 3rd quarter October 8th. Our school day runs 7:45-3pm. Depending on your class schedule the teacher may have a break in the day for planning/rest.
• Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; standards, and school requirements.
• Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability
• presents lesson using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
• Monitors, assists, correct, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework
Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with the staff and student handbooks.
• Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences.
• Teaches classes fit for the teachers gifting and schools needs.
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
Christian and whom agrees with our schools statement of faith (we have adapted the GRACE Int. School in Chiang Mai statement of faith)
Teaching experience either in tutoring or classroom setting for at least 8 week period of time.
Teaching, Willingness to live in least reached people group, Teachable, Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching - K-12, Flexible, Deals with Uncertainty
Preferably single female or married couple
If a single female come to serve alone she can stay with other single females in their 20s working with Campus Outreach.
This rent would be around $100/month and utilities would be shared among with other roommates.
There are furnished apartments or a small house available for rent around 9,000 baht ($300) a month. We could provide a ministry vehicle but the volunteers would be responsible for gas, oil change, and any cost due to a personal accident. Our school is located in Khon Kaen. A bus is avaiable that leaves directly from BKK to KK every 30 minutes for less that 400 baht ($15) or a flight is available for around $85 dollars one way.
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach