Thailand : Student Worker (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Work in connection with an ACT church in an urban setting doing friendship evangelism and discipleship. The student worker may be working with students in a university, Teachers College, Vocational College or high school. It is important to integrate converts into the locat ACT church.
- Friendship evangelism
- Cell group leader
- Liaison with local ACT church
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
- Personal evangelism and cell group skills
- Friendliness and initiative
- Experience in student work is a defiante asset
- One or more years in church work is desirable.
- Formal Bible training resulting in one or more of the following:
- Certificate in Christian Ministry and Bible Training
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bible or Theology
- Masters or higher in Divinity, or related field
- Commit to at least four years of service
- Complete member application process including: application forms, interview, medical and psychological review
- Raise full financial support
- Attend Orientation Course in Singapore before coming to the field
- 1st year in full-time Thai language, culture and worldview study, located in Central Thailand
- 2nd year move to a ministry location, begin transition from full-time to half-time language study until the completion of full language and culture program
- Conform to a lifestyle that matches that of your ministry context. Some locations will present living challenges, for instance, a simple rural living situation where there may be no running water and access to supplies and services is distant. Others can be located in an urban setting, with standard Thai housing where population density is high and lifestyle is busy, with people and activity all around. Lifestyle in Thailand can range from the most simple and challenging, to very comfortable.
- For English as second language applicants, these levels of English assessment are required:
IELTS - 5.0
TOEFL - 500 (173 in TOEFL computer version)
TOEIC - 675
OPE - 3.0
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach