Thailand : Urban Team Member (OMF)
TEAM is partnering with OMF International in Thailand. OMF’s growing ministries in east Asia include everything from church planting, youth outreach, and medical ministries to teaching and working among minority people groups.
Live in an urban poor community in Bangkok, serving them in a small team. The poor are the least reached people in Bangkok, but struggle the most. So we love them by sharing the gospel and our lives with them, doing things together and being a friend.
You will learn the language, the Thai urban poor culture and how to serve them in different ways, so that positive change can be happen.
- Learning Thai language (Thais do not speak English)
- Praying for Thai neighbours
- Make friends with neighbours in different ways: sports, visiting people, going out together, working together, sharing interests
- Serve the urban poor community: teaching English to children or adults, help the community leaders, lead a children's program
Interested applicants can apply either through TEAM (see below) or OMF.
Qualification & Experience
• Compassion for people
• Able to listen
• Sharing the Gospel (Testimony, bible stories)
• Able to live amongst the poor (not extreme poor, they have water, electricity and the room will be clean)
• Willingness to learn Thai and adjust to the culture
• Sensitive to what the poor feel and think
Single, man or woman, or if family with children if they stay longer than 2 years
You will live in a simple flat, or house in an urban poor community, that will cost 1’000.- to 3’000.- Baht a month per person, plus internet about 500.-, electricity 400.- and water 120.- Baht.
Public transport is about 60.- Baht on a working day.
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach