Thailand : Curriculum Assistant Director
Grace International School (GIS) needs new teachers to come every year and they need various staff.
Located in Chiang Mai, Thailand, GIS was created to provide a high quality Christian education for the children of international workers located in Southeast Asia. The primary goal at GIS is to allow these families to continue to work in their fields without having to compromise the education of their children.
GIS offers a strong education where biblical truth permeates all subjects and programs. Staff seek to demonstrate how diverse subjects inter-relate so that GIS students can apply knowledge and skills to all areas of life and live out their Christian faith. Ultimately, GIS aims to cultivate students of Christ-like character and values who will transform their world.
The Non-Thai faculty and staff at GIS have a strong faith in Jesus Christ and serve at Grace by raising their own support in order to keep tuition costs affordable. The result is a dedicated team committed to providing students with an outstanding education from a Christian perspective.
Full-time or part-time foreign teachers/staff come as volunteers through sending organizations and must apply for a specific job opening and go through the staff application process.
We would like you to considering serving at GIS through TEAM because it is a blessing for the TEAM missionaries who have their kids at GIS. TEAM missionary kids receive a discount when TEAM personnel serve at GIS.
The purpose of the Curriculum Assistant Director is to ensure compliance with WASC, ACSI, and SMS accreditation standards and to coordinate school improvement progress through ongoing data collection, analysis, documentation, and reporting to GIS stakeholders.
- To oversee the integration of technology to improve teaching and learning.
- To assist the curriculum and instruction director in continual development of curriculum and instruction practices of GIS.
- To fulfill the duties of the curriculum and instruction director in his or her absence.
More details regarding this opportunity can be found on the GIS website: http://www.gisthailand.org/serve-at-gis/staff-needs/.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Education from an accredited university or a Bachelor’s degree and a current national, state, or ACSI certification.
- Several years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Course work in curriculum development or education management
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and other IT programs related to the work
- Ability to work collaboratively with principals, division directors, and faculty, including leading adult learning opportunities and facilitating productive committee work
- Experience in curriculum development or school improvement planning
- A disposition to ongoing learning about integration of technology in the classroom, while also being sensitive to the financial realities of the GIS community.
- Ability to handle details
Thai law requires that all teachers hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education or its equivalent, OR a Master’s degree in Education, OR a state or ACSI issued Teaching Credential or license. More details regarding the application process can be found at: http://www.gisthailand.org/serve-at-gis/applying/
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach