Thailand : Librarian, Elementary School
Grace International School (GIS) needs new teachers to come every year and they need various staff.
Located in Chiang Mai, Thailand, GIS was created to provide a high quality Christian education for the children of international workers located in Southeast Asia. The primary goal at GIS is to allow these families to continue to work in their fields without having to compromise the education of their children.
GIS offers a strong education where biblical truth permeates all subjects and programs. Staff seek to demonstrate how diverse subjects inter-relate so that GIS students can apply knowledge and skills to all areas of life and live out their Christian faith. Ultimately, GIS aims to cultivate students of Christ-like character and values who will transform their world.
The Non-Thai faculty and staff at GIS have a strong faith in Jesus Christ and serve at Grace by raising their own support in order to keep tuition costs affordable. The result is a dedicated team committed to providing students with an outstanding education from a Christian perspective.
Full-time or part-time foreign teachers/staff come as volunteers through sending organizations and must apply for a specific job opening and go through the staff application process.
We would like you to considering serving at GIS through TEAM because it is a blessing for the TEAM missionaries who have their kids at GIS. TEAM missionary kids receive a discount when TEAM personnel serve at GIS.
The Elementary Librarian's purpose is:
- To be responsible to the Head Librarian in the day-to-day operations of the elementary library.
- Supervise and assign duties to library aides and volunteers.
- Train all aides and volunteers in the elementary library.
- Catalog and maintain all books and other materials in the library collection.
- Manage the circulation functions (check in; check out; fines; holds of the elementary library).
- Distribute overdue notices and related correspondence to students and parents.
- To teach students and teachers to feel comfortable in the use of the library and its resources.
- To assist the teaching staff and administration in their roles by supplying library materials, providing team-teaching assistance, assisting in curriculum planning, scheduling library space and time, providing reader’s advisory service and bibliographies.
- To attend meetings and participate in committees which would further the library’s objectives.
- Read professional journals and attend conferences for continued professional development.
- Participate in school and community events to ensure understanding of information needs of its users.
More details regarding this opportunity can be found on the GIS website: http://www.gisthailand.org/serve-at-gis/staff-needs/.
- Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited university or a current national, state, or ACSI Certification (elementary preferred)
- Confidence in using computers and software
- Enthusiasm for working with elementary-aged children
Desired / optional:
- Experience working in a library environment
- Master’s in Library Science or related advanced degree (optional)
Thai law requires that all teachers hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education or its equivalent, OR a Master’s degree in Education, OR a state or ACSI issued Teaching Credential or license. More details regarding the application process can be found at: http://www.gisthailand.org/serve-at-gis/applying/.
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!
TEAM missions coaches are ready to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.Talk To A Coach